Founder | The Pettit Law Firm | Dallas, Texas
3710 Rawlins, Suite 1050
Dallas Texas 75219
Office: (214) 329-0151 x 101
Fax (214) 329-4076
Always an entrepreneur, Julie Pettit began her real estate career when she bought and sold 50 investment properties to fund her law school education. Julie is the founder of The Pettit Law Firm, where she focuses her practice in real estate litigation, real estate transactions, business disputes, and consumer law.
Julie’s courtroom success, combined with her knowledge of real estate lending and servicing regulations, makes her uniquely qualified to litigate large, complex, real estate disputes.
Julie graduated from Texas A&M University in the top 1% of her class with a Bachelor’s degree in communication and professional writing. She received her Juris Doctorate degree from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and graduated Cum Laude.
- Represents homeowners against lenders, and mortgage servicers in residential mortgage disputes involving the Dodd Frank mortgage servicing regulations, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), unfair and deceptive acts and practices statutes, the home equity provisions of the Texas Constitution, and other lending and servicing errors.
- Handles a wide range of civil lawsuits, including construction defect, business contract disputes, partnership disputes, fraud, and negligence
- Represents lenders and servicers in protecting assets during foreclosure, litigation, and bankruptcy
- Obtained directed verdict on six-figure construction defect case
- August 11, 2017 | Keynote Presentation | Leadership | Dallas Bar Association Clerk Coordinator Seminar
- January 17, 2017 | Texas Association of Mediators & Dallas Bar Association ADR Section | Settlement Strategies in Complex Cases
- November 14, 2016 | Dallas Bar Association | Real Property Law Section | Botched Real Estate Transactions – Tips from the Bench and the Bar to Avoid the Courthouse
- February 8, 2016 | DFW Real Estate Investors Club | Protecting Your Real Estate Assets
- September 24, 2015 | State Bar of Texas | Advanced Consumer & Commercial Law CLE | Game of Homes: Litigating Under the CFPB Mortgage Origination and Servicing Rules
- June 16, 2015 | Dallas Bar Association | Business Litigation Section | Injunctive Relief in State and Federal Court
- February 7, 2015 | College of Complexes | When The Left One Doesn’t Know What The Right One Is Doing: Why Judges Should Have A “Hand” In Texas Foreclosure Proceedings
- January 13, 2015 | Dallas Real Estate Investment Association | Valid Evictions: Streamlining the Eviction Process for Lenders and Investors in Texas
- November 12, 2014 | Presentation to the Travis County Civil Judges | Expedited Rules of Foreclosure
- September 12, 2014 | State Bar of Texas | Advanced Consumer & Commercial Law CLE | Expedited Rules of Foreclosure
- September 4, 2014 | Roddy Real Estate Club | Protect Your Assets: CFPB, Foreclosures, and Evictions
- May 9, 2014 | Texas College for Judicial Studies | Residential Foreclosures: From Notice to Enforcement
- January 26, 2014 | Texas Real Estate Investor Expo | Foreclosures and Evictions Under CFPB
- Headnotes, Dallas Bar Association | Injunctive Relief in Federal and State Courts | Volume 41, No. 3, April 2016.
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section (REPTL) Reporter, State Bar of Texas | Game of Homes: Litigating under the CFPB Mortgage Origination and Servicing Rules | Volume 54, No. 1, 2015.
- State Bar of Texas / 11th Annual Advanced Consumer & Commercial Law CLE Course Book / Game of Homes: Litigating Under the CFPB Mortgage Origination and Servicing Rules / September 2015
- Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section (REPTL) Reporter, State Bar of Texas | What Every Lawyer Should “Frankly” Know about Mortgages and the Dodd-Frank Act | Volume 53, No. 3, 2015.
- Journal of Consumer and Commercial Law, Official Publication of the Consumer & Commercial Law Section of the State Bar of Texas | Mamas, Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Homeowners: How the Muddled Area of Wrongful Foreclosure Law Leaves Texans High and Dry | Vol. 18, No. 3, Summer 2015
- Mentoring Circles Committee, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2016-present
- Board Member, Dallas Women Lawyer’s Association, 2015-present
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Trial Skills Boot Camp Committee, 2014-present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2013-present
- Texas Bar Foundation, 2017-present
- DAYL Foundation, Lifetime Fellow, 2016-present
- Barrister, William “Mac” Taylor Inn of Court, 2016-present
- HOA Board Member, W Hotel and Residences, Dallas , 2015-present
- Mentor, Mercy Street, 2013-present
- Founder, Project Mom, 2009-present
Awards and Recognitions
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2017
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2017
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2016)
- “Rising Star” in the Texas Super Lawyer edition of Texas Monthly (2016, 2017)