3710 Rawlins, Suite 1050
Dallas Texas 75219
Office: (214) 329-0151
Fax (214) 329-4076
- J.D., cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law, 2013
- B.A., Wake Forest University, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Jane is an associate at The Pettit Law Firm, where she focuses her practice on real estate, business, and consumer litigation.
Jane received her Juris Doctor from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, where she graduated cum laude. While in law school, she was the managing editor of the Journal of Air Law and Commerce for the SMU Law Review, participated in several advocacy competitions, such as moot court and mock trial, and interned for U.S. District Court Judge Robert Dawson and Texas Fifth Court of Appeals Justice Kerry FitzGerald. Jane has a Bachelor of Arts from Wake Forest University, where she majored in political science and minored in international studies.
Prior to joining The Pettit Law Firm, Jane worked in the litigation practice group of another Texas-based law firm and as the associate general counsel for a presidential campaign. Before studying law, Jane served in positions in politics and government in Washington, D.C.
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Panel Remarks at the ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) Aviation & Space Law Committee Meeting: Recent Developments in Aviation and Space Law (Oct. 23, 2014).
- Comment, Remembering How to Fly: How New Pilot Training Requirements May Do More Harm Than Good, 77 J. AIR L. & COM. 537 (2012).
- Recent Developments in Aviation and Space Law, ABA TIPS L. J. (2015) (co-author).
- Texas Supreme Court, TEX. BAR J., Jan. 2015 (co-author).
- TADC APPELLATE LAW NEWSLETTER, Fall 2014 (co-author).
- Business Torts Update, TEX. BUS. LITIG. J., Spring 2014 (co-author).
- Developments in Transportation, ABA ANTITRUST NEWSLETTER, Fall 2013 (co-author).
- TADC ENERGY LAW NEWSLETTER, Fall 2013 (co-author).
- Co-coach for SMU Law’s Prince Evidence Moot Court Competition team (Spring 2015)
- Co-coach for James Madison High School’s Texas High School Mock Trial team (2014–15)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers – Member
- Dallas Bar Association – Member
- State Bar of Texas – Member
- American Bar Association – Member